Tuesday, May 22, 2012

PDF Shortcut in Output Options

I find that I am printing to PDF files more and more these days. I like it for two reasons. One it is easy to send as an attachment to an e-mail. And two it is easy to archive and retrieve without me having to stuff a paper document in my file cabinet. ZonePro SQL users have always had to option to print documents or reports to PDF files but it was hidden away in the Toolbox Option and seldom used. I've made it a lot easier to print to PDF files now though by adding a "To PDF" option to the Output drop-down box on every document screen and report screen in ZP SQL. Using this option automatically creates a PDF file in the \EXPORT folder and displays the new file on the screen. You can rename the document or save it to a new location right from that screen. There are other ways to get a PDF in ZP SQL but this is now the quickest and easiest. The updates are available for downloading.

No comments:

Post a Comment