Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Expanded Reporting Options for Staff Web Site

I've added more reporting options to the Staff web site interface so that it includes a few more application databases. Have also added at least one report filter to each page. So, for example, in the Building Reports page you can now easily limit the records included to only those that match a selected Permit Type. In a deviation from the Windows interface I chose not to enforce security for the report screens by default. In the Windows interface you have to have an Access Level of at least 7 to access the report screen for a given application. In the web site this is not true. You can access the report screens without even logging in. If you don't like that policy for your web site, I have an easy way I can change it so that the report pages use the same security criteria as the Windows interface. You just have to let me know your preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment