Thursday, June 24, 2010

New Message Checking Option

A ZP SQL customer asked me today if they could use the Message Center to alert the inspectors in the field to canceled inspections. Why yes, I said, that can be easily done. The only flaw I saw is that the inspectors would have to manually check for messages from time to time. You can turn on an option that checks for messages each time you start ZP but that does not help if you leave the program up most of the time. But an easy fix to that was to add a Personalization Option that tells ZP to check for new messages any time a user returned to the Main Screen. On the Functionality tab of the Local Personalization Screen there is a new check box that reads "Always Check Message Center at Main Screen". When you mark this option ZP SQL will look to see if there are any unread messages in your Message Center queue and display a message telling you how many there are whenever you return to the Main Screen. To make it easier to launch the View Messages screen I added right-click code to the Schedule button in the lower left corner of the Main Screen. While I was at it I added middle-click code to that button to launch the Recent Permits screen. I actually fixed a number of bugs in ZP SQL today so this would be a great time to download updates and get the new message checking option in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment