Monday, September 28, 2009

Alert Messaging Changes Slightly

I'm trying to add a post a day about the differences between ZonePro 32 and ZonePro SQL. It's getting late so I'm doing an easy one. There are few minor changes to the way alert messages work in ZP SQL. The biggest change is that I eliminated the Alert Message option from the Region Code field in the Property Screen. I'm okay with that because the User4/Status field alert option is more flexible. Besides, as noted in an earlier post, the name fields were eliminated from the Property database and that gave us room for more fields. So now the Property Screen has a Status field as well as the ubiquitous User4 field, so you have two options for alert messages in the Property Screen. The final change is you no longer need to type in the # sign. Just typing "ALERT" gets the job done. That's a change I'll probably extend back to ZP 32 as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment