Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Success

My trial project while first learning how to use SQL Server is the database application I use to track customers. It keeps track of contact names, addresses, products installed etc. The thing that impressed me the most when I first moved the databases to the internet is that there was no noticeable lag time difference between accessing SQL Server locally and accessing it on the internet. This was great news. The last thing I want is customers twiddling their thumbs waiting for the next property record to load. I don't want to create the wrong impression: using SQL Server databases is not as fast as using local FoxPro databases. But using SQL Server on the internet is just as fast a using SQL Server locally. As least in my environment. And that is all I could hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment